Learning Community Coordinator
Lead, facilitate, and engage in all program components involving the spiritual and character formation of all Fellows students, including intentional discipleship, restorative discipline, student counseling and advising, and experiential learning modules. Cultivate a holistic learning and living community that encourages students to flourish spiritually, emotionally, and intellectually in their Christian faith.
Reports to: Associate Director, Student Learning & Living (SLL)
1. Lead in cultivating authentic community on campus that fosters spiritual growth, character formation in Christ-likeness, personal integration of learning, and healthy relationships.
2. Develop and implement informal (life-on-life) discipleship practices. Maintain intentional and formative relationships with students to catalyze spiritual, intellectual, and emotional growth. Collaborate with Discipleship team by co-leading a weekly Bible study Group and conducting weekly 1:1 discipleship meetings.
3. Shepherd individual students in need of restoration by providing mentoring, informal counseling, referrals to outside professionals, coaching to community standards, disciplinary action, and documentation. Maintain a high degree of initiative, timeliness, communication and coordination with the ADSLL.
4. Participate in all peak experiences alongside Fellows, helping them to process, understand, and apply the learning. For certain experiences, LCCs will also lead in the planning and execution, which includes facilitating, teaching, grading, managing logistics, and evaluating.
5. Provide ongoing supervision to approximately six Graduate Assistants.
6. Co-lead a student team during a month-long International Immersion. Meet weekly with team and with other leaders throughout the fall to facilitate spiritual and practical preparation (requires 4-5 weeks of international travel annually).
7. Reside on campus while students are in residence and oversee student housing processes and lead community gatherings and initiate activities Serve in ongoing campus coverage rotation, respond to emergency situations, ensure that buildings are orderly and that maintenance issues are responded to in a timely manner.
8. Maintain regular office hours for administrative duties, team collaboration, and student appointments.
1. An evangelical believer practicing an active faith in a New Testament-based denomination and is in unreserved agreement with the Institute’s Statement of Faith and Biblical Conduct and Lifestyle Standards. Must support the vision, values, philosophy and community standards of Impact 360 Institute.
2. Bachelor’s degree in ministry, theology, Christian education, student development, counseling, higher education, leadership, or other relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
3. At least 3 years of relevant work experience in spiritual formation of college students required. Residence life experience preferred.
4. Demonstrated effective judgment, discernment, leadership and decision-making skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team player and team builder.
6. Demonstrated highly effective interpersonal and communication skills.
7. Ability to multi-task and lead multiple projects to successful completion.
8. Must be physically and emotionally capable of assisting in the leadership of outdoor adventure activities and multi-night excursions in a high-impact wilderness setting.
9. Must have fewer than 3 driving violations in the last 5 years; ability to drive a 15-passenger van.
10. Requires travel for the facilitation of student programming as well as for staff training, development, and planning retreats. (an average of 2-4 nights/month and 1-2 Saturdays/month)
11. Reside on campus throughout the Fellows while students are in residence; provide regular campus-coverage on nights and weekends on a rotating schedule with other leaders. (Coverage is approximately 1 weekend/month and 2-4 nights/week.)
12. Requires international travel for the facilitation of the student international immersion. (Average of 4-5 weeks annually.)