Pine Mountain, Georgia
Application Deadline: May 23, 2019Apply Now
- Support enrollment team to achieve annual student recruitment goals for all Impact 360 Institute experiences.
- Oversee day-to-day Fellows enrollment activities ensuring all activity is tracked in Salesforce and applicants are receiving timely communications at each step in their enrollment process.
- Make interview decisions on Fellows applicants and help conduct interviews. After a student’s interview, make final acceptance recommendation to the Enrollment Committee for the Fellows program.
- Create and maintain connector relationships and strategic partnerships for the purpose of supporting all Impact 360 Institute programs. Activities are not limited, but include lead generation, regular travel as needed, hosting campus visits and attending strategic events to build relationships.
- Support on-campus events such as Preview Days, Move-in Day, Commissioning, student interview days and summer experiences. Efforts include, but are not limited to, providing a strong customer service experience and logistical support.
- Oversee the admissions email and respond in a timely manner.
- Provide administrative by supporting front desk functions and enrollment support, answering inbound calls, sorting office mail and staffing front desk, on rotation.
- An evangelical believer practicing an active faith in a New Testament-based denomination in agreement with Impact 360 Institute’s Statement of Faith and practicing Jesus-like lifestyle, supports the vision, values, and philosophy of Impact 360 Institute.
- One to three years’ experience in Recruiting and/or Enrollment.
- Degree required. Preferred degree in Public Relations, Communications or Marketing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel (or equivalent programs such as Pages and Keynote).
- Out of office travel for no more than 10 days per quarter.
- Demonstrated customer service skills including the ability to display kindness and patience to a wide range of personalities including students, parents, prospective students’ parents, and staff.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities such as creativity, working independently and within a group, strong communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills including verbal, written, and face-to-face communication.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple assignments efficiently and on time.
- Demonstrated skills in relating well to a wide range of personalities including students, parents, prospective students and parents, and staff.
Classification: Full-timeFLSA Status: Non-Exempt