Director of Accounting Services
Atlanta Georgia & Pine Mountain Georgia
Application Deadline: 11/18/2022Apply Now
Click and Pledge
Please apply using this link by November 18, 2022
Direct multi-organizational accounting practices, the maintenance of fiscal records, the preparation and interpretation of accurate and timely financial reports, the implementation of appropriate internal and budgetary controls, and the preparation of forecasts and financial reports.
- Lead the Accounting Services team in the development and implementation of accounting and compliance functions with the necessary processes and internal controls to safeguard assets at Lifeshape, Impact 360 Institute, and other White Family Philanthropic entities.
- Review and approve the financial statements and forecasts in an accurate and timely manner.
- Lead the annual budget planning process, working with organizational leaders to develop strong financial plans to support the work.
- Evaluate and advise on the long-range financial impact of potential plans and the introduction of new programs, strategies, and partnerships.
- Ensure compliance with all tax reporting requirements including income tax, sales tax, and employment taxes.
- Ensure proper cash flow and liquidity.
- Oversee audit and tax functions, coordinating activities with outside audit firms and legal counsel to ensure compliance of and assess risks associated with accounting operations.
- Serve on the leadership teams for Lifeshape and Impact 360 Institute.
- Create a work environment where people feel valued and want to do their best; Communicate a compelling vision for each person’s role; Coach, develop, and motivate to help achieve that vision. Address any issues in a timely manner, providing regular constructive feedback.
- An evangelical believer committed to Christian service consistent with our organizational purpose and beliefs who is actively involved in a Christian church and living out his/her faith daily.
- Bachelor’s degree (with CPA), master’s degree in accounting, or M.B.A.
- Minimum of 10 years’ work experience in accounting, preferably with non-profit accounting experience. Minimum of 3 years of experience leading other accounting professionals. Previous experience as a controller preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of corporate and/or non-profit accounting and pertinent GAAP, FASB, and SEC rules and regulations, including asset restrictions and segregation of duties as it relates to the internal accounting functions.
- Advanced skills in Excel; Experience with Quick Books preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to properly manage details on multiple projects.
- Strong oral and written communications skills, especially when communicating technical accounting information to non-accounting staff. Especially important is the demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with leadership, board members, and others.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships. Ability to work independently and as a strong team player under time pressures without loss of poise, grace, or humor. Ability to keep staff inspired, focused, and productive.
- Weekly travel to Impact 360 Institute campus. Occasional domestic and international travel.