Click and Pledge
Scope of Position:
Manage the accounting-related responsibilities of the Finance department to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and the successful completion of compliance-related matters required for the effective operation of Impact 360 Institute.
Reports to: CFO
1. Manage accounting and compliance functions with the necessary processes and internal controls to safeguard the organization’s assets in accordance with generally accepted accounting procedures for not-for-profit organizations.
2. Draft and provide initial analysis of monthly and year-end financial reports for eleven divisions in collaboration with CFO, Directors, managers, and staff.
3. Manage the activities of the accounts receivable and maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers.
4. Manage the activities of the disbursement department to ensure the accurate and timely process of accounts payable, revenue distribution (registrations, fees, etc.), employee expense reports, depreciation, real property and business (personal) property taxes, operating expenses, and insurance records for assigned areas.
5. Manage the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
6. In collaboration with the CFO, coordinate the independent external financial audit for Lifeshape and reviews for Impact 360.
7. Manage daily bank balances and assist CFO in managing cash flow, liquidity, and investments.
8. Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled on schedule and outstanding items are reviewed and fully reconciled.
9. Review, approve, and post daily and month-end general ledger entries.
10. Manage fixed-asset journal entries, including booking fixed assets, depreciation and ensuring reconciliation between the fixed asset records and the general ledger.
11. Manage tax-reporting obligations including annual federal reporting and monthly sales tax reporting.
12. Lead Staff Accountant at I360I and outsourced services to ensure accurate and timely work.
13. Create a work environment where people feel valued and want to do their best; Communicate a compelling vision for each person’s role; Coach, develop, and motivate to help achieve that vision. Address any issues in a timely manner, providing regular constructive feedback.
- An evangelical believer committed to Christian service consistent with our organizational purpose and beliefs who is actively involved in a Christian church and living out his/her faith daily.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business administration.
- Minimum of 10 years’ work experience in accounting and 3 years as a Controller, preferably with both for-profit and non-profit accounting experience.
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, procedures, and internal controls.
- Demonstrated excellence in administration and time management, with the ability to anticipate organizational needs and challenges and respond in a manner consistent with our organizational purpose and beliefs. Demonstrated ability to handle stressful situations, make rational decisions, and take effective action.
- Demonstrated ability to manage many details of multiple projects without overlooking important details.
- Demonstrated outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently and as a strong team player under time pressures without loss of poise, grace, or humor.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communications skills, especially when communicating technical accounting information to non-accounting staff.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and effectively solve complex accounting problems and remain calm in crises.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work under limited supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, and QuickBooks.
- Travel to Atlanta several times per month.Supervises: Staff Accountant